Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Must

It has been so long since I read a book that I had nearly forgotten how... on Easter Sunday the kids and I were off to California in Janie's minivan. Not only was it a treat to not have to drive (thank you Janie!) but even more a treat when Carianne handed me this book saying "Read it, it will change your life". So I read...and read... and yes, it changed me. It took me on a journey I was not quite expecting, but needed. For many reasons it made me desperately miss my Ardeshir. I hate it that I have to spend the rest of my life wondering how he is, praying that he is happy and being treated right, and well just missing him. But that is the nature of my work, and well my life. 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' gave me insight beyond insight(if that is even possible), and forced me to express gratitude for all the things that I just expect and well most of the time take for granted: 1. my husband--my sweet, kind, good, thoughful, will do anything for you husband. 2. freedom. 3. friendships. 4. faith 5. An ability to overcome tradgedy.
Now that I am in the book reading zone, I need another good one... any ideas?? although I probably should clean my house first.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Guys!

    So excited you have a blog- I'm a little slow. :) Classic that I would find your blog on a post where you talk about Ardeshir. We miss you and totally want to get together. The kiddos are looking so grown up. Let's set up something soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kite runner by the same author (written before a Thousand Splendid Suns) is a good book too. I also just read Eat Cake-super easy and good read and you would love it the baker that you are.

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's hear more about that incredibly sweet, kind, thoughtful husband of yours...

    ReplyDelete

Followers