Sunday, March 22, 2009

look who's here...


SPRING... Oh how I love you... let me count the ways:
1. Daffodils: They just scream spring and fun to me. We always had them in our yard growing up, but I became passionate about them in Hyde Park in London. We lived a block or two from Hyde Park and every spring the park was filled with daffodils... and not in flower beds-- they popped up throughout the grass in perfect little bouquets. I miss that.
2. The grill is out, and what a relief as I have desperately needed a change to my cooking routine. Grill= less mess and good food.
2. Elsa can finally wear short sleeves! While in Southern Cali. in January, we were spoiled with temps in the 80's. Elsa LOVES short sleeve t-shirts... and got to where them everyday there. Of course, once home we were greeted with more and more snow, which meant more and more tears as she pleaded to me (and to Heavenly Father) EVERYDAY for summer to come. Well, her prayers were answered b/c it was in the 70's all last week and that is unbelievably warm weather for March. She is thrilled and so am I.
3. Gardening: Last summer was the first time I planted a full out veggie garden. It was a lot of work, but worth it. This year it will be much bigger.
4. My birthday. Spring is the best time of year to have a birthday. This year my wards 'Relief Society Birthday' celebration is on my birthday. The enrichment committee asked for volunteers to decorate the tables. I signed up to do one and I have decided that I will be decorating a table to celebrate my birthday and only those who love me can sit at it. ha ha. I am sure some random person will wander over and take a seat... and that will be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers